Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
LSTA Coordinator's procedure for grant review process:
- Check with DLD staff to see who is interested in reading which categories.
- Make pdfs of all applications and distribute to reviewers, with Reviewer Conflict of Interest form, Risk Assessment form, scoring sheet, scoring rubric, and listing of any bonus points. See "Reviewer Forms" box for samples.
- Receive signed Conflict of Interest forms from reviewers.
- Score each application with reference to stated scoring guidelines for each category.
- Each team meets to discuss applications, scoring, and prioritizing in their category.
- All reviewers meet to discuss applications and risks, and make funding recommendations.
- Forward funding recommendations to State Library Board for approval at their May/June meeting (for literacy grants) or next upcoming meeting for planning grants.
Note on Risk Assessment
The Risk Assessment tool was added to the review process in early 2015. Applicants are not notified in advance that they will be assessed on additional factors. The Risk Assessment procedure and form were adapted from an example provided by the LSTAC in Florida.
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478