Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Weeding in the Garden of Good and Evil
If you have weeding links and resources that can be added to this page, please email Maria Bernier (email@example.com) with your suggestion.
Weeding Policies - Examples & Guidelines
Special Considerations by Collection or Library Type
Online Weeding Courses / Videos
Articles / Blogs / Resources
- The Art of Weeding | Collection Management by Ian Chant at Library Journal, June 23, 2015
- Weeding Without Worry, by Rebecca Vnuk in American Libraries, May 2, 2016
- I Can’t Believe You’re Throwing Out Books! from librarian Julie Goldberg, May 2011
- Books Are Not Sacred Objects, by Rebecca Joines Schinsky on BookRiot, August 20, 2012
- Why We Weed: A Quickish Look at Librarians' Seemingly Most Un-Librarian Task from the University of Alabama Salmon Library
- Where are all the books going? “Weeding” Explained. From Lewis University, with a nifty comic strip
- Lifecycle of a Library Book infographic by Fairooz Faggouseh, February 2019
- Awful Library Books
- Weeding in Libraries: A Partial Index to What's Out There from Havana Public Library District (IL)
- Weeding Library Collections: A Selected Annotated Bibliography for Library Collection Evaluation from ALA
- Weeding and Deselection Bibliography from OCLC
Book lists from the Pequot Museum Library
Books at the Service Center
You can place a hold on these items in our catalog, or call the service center at 860-704-2200 to have them sent to your public library.
Continuing Education workshops and the professional development collection are funded in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Connecticut State Library.
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478