Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
April is Military Saves Month!
Military Saves, a component of America Saves, and a participant in the Department of Defense Financial Readiness Network seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. *Also see below for additional resources for service members in need of financial information and assistance.
Click here to read about how smart financial decisions can lead to opportunities!
Click here to access the digital toolkit.
COVID-19 Financial Resources for Service Members
- Behind on bills: Three steps to help you make tough choices in tight moments from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Protect yourself and your family financially from the impact of the coronavirus from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Emergency grants and zero-interest loans may be available to help cover lost pay, childcare costs, rent/mortgage assistance, quarantine expenses, or other financial emergencies. Servicemembers and military families experiencing coronavirus-related hardship can apply for help through their respective military aid society: Army Emergency Relief , Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society , Air Force Aid Society , or Coast Guard Mutual Assistance .
- Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Military Personnel, Pay, and Benefits Policy
- The Internal Revenue Service has pushed back the federal tax filing deadline to July 15th. For military members getting ready to do their taxes make sure they know how to file for free.
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) and the Military Lending Act (MLA) provide legal and financial protections for active-duty servicemembers, military spouses and National Guard personnel and reservists on active duty for more than 30 consecutive days.
Military and Government Financial Websites
Financial Literacy Education and Outreach
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478