Skip to Main Content
CT State Library Goals for Summer
- To train librarians to center equity in summer program
- To encourage libraries to focus on summer programing outcomes
- Outcome-based results tell the stories behind your summer reading statistics
- An outcome-based approach gives you information for a great “how we did it good” story to tell the media, elected officials, and other stakeholders.
- Programs designed to achieve measurable outcomes are more likely to achieve results that are relevant to the community
- Libraries that can demonstrate that their programs contribute to positive outcomes have a competitive edge when looking for funding. (source)
- To help/encourage libraries to build community connections and partnerships
- Partner= organization that contributes resources (space, staff, transportation, etc.) to the project
- To provide free, high quality enrichment opportunities and learning for CT residents during the summer
- To provide consultation and work with libraries to develop and test new programming and outreach models
- To support a community of practice among library staff.
- To celebrate reading, literacy, and learning
Children and YA Consultant
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478