Skip to main content
Middletown Library Service Center Meeting Room Policy
MLSC Meeting Room Availability
- The MLSC meeting room is available to Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:30am – 4:00pm. The meeting room is not typically available on Thursdays.
- Priority: The meeting room’s main function is to hold DLD meetings and Continuing Education workshops. After that, priority is given to library agencies such as (but not limited to) CLA, CLC, ACLPD, ACLB, and FOCL. The room is available to other library and education-related groups, as determined by DLD on a case-by-case basis.
Requesting the Room
- To request the room, please fill out the online form, using the link below.
Note: submitting this request does not guarantee the use or availability of the room.
- We will contact you within 3 business days to let you know if the room is available.
- The Meeting Room may be booked no sooner than 2 months in advance. For example, if you would like to use the room April 15, we will not book it for you until after February 15.
- The Meeting Room may be reserved for a maximum of 3 dates at a time.
Confirming Your Reservation
- You must call or email us to confirm 1 week (7 days) prior or we will cancel the reservation.
- Groups who “no show” 2 times in a 6-month period will not be allowed to book the room any longer.
Using the Space
- The Service Center has only 30 parking spaces for you and your guests. If you expect more people, some will need to carpool.
- You are responsible for all set up of tables and chairs (note: tables can be heavy).
- You may bring your own food or snacks and you may use our coffee makers, but you must provide your own coffee grounds, cream, sugar, cups, napkins, plates, and any other supplies that you need.
- You must leave the room in the same condition in which you found it - tables and chairs returned to the way they were, all surfaces cleaned, all trash placed in trash bins (provided).
- Your group must be out of the meeting room by 4:00pm.
- You may use our projector (with speakers) and screen with advanced notice. You must provide your own laptop or other device. The projector accepts VGA, HDMI, and standard audio jack connections. Internet is available.
- You may use our podium and easels, but you must bring your own flip-chart paper and markers. There is also a small white board table-mounted easel you may use; please bring dry-erase markers.
Request Form: Click here to submit your request.
Meeting Room Policy
To download, save, or print a PDF of this policy, please click the link above.
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478