Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Window for Filing for E-Rate Discounts for 2021: January 15 - March 25
The 2021 Window for Filing your Form 471 runs from January 15-March 25.
If you are using the CLFC Forms 470 for your Form 471 filing, please note:
- The Connecticut Libraries Fiber Consortium Requests for Proposals went out in December 2019.
- Some of the RFPs have been awarded and if the RFP included your library, you have received a personal email with instructions.
- If you are included in the RFPs that will be awarded at the very end of January, watch for an email from Chris with instructions.
- Do not assume that you know the proper Forms 470 number for your library's filing unless you received it in an email from Chris. Look for an email and/or contact Chris to be sure.
- The proper number of bidders and the numbers for the appropriate Forms 470 for your type of filing will be communicated by email.
- If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need help filing? See below.
Can't Get into Your E-Rate Account? It may be the Endless Loop Error!
If you are experiencing an error with logging in with multifactor authentication, we have identified two possible root causes.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact us at 888-203-8100.
Thank you, Danielle
Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC)
Client Service Bureau
E-rate Help from USAC
***To communicate with a real person about the E-rate Program, call the Client Service Bureau at (888) 203-8100 on weekdays between 8 AM and 8 PM.***
USAC offers several different kinds of assistance and training, including an Online Learning Library, weekly News Briefs, and assistance from the Client Service Bureau by phone or email.
The Online Learning Library contains short videos and longer recorded webinars on various topics related to the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC), forms, eligible services, Category Two budgets, and discount calculations.
You can subscribe to weekly News Brief emails and read past briefs offering timely information and tips to help you through the application process.
Download E-Rate Timeline for 2021
Short Videos on How to File Every E-Rate Form!!!
How to File Forms 471 in 2021* (Get # of bidders and Form 470 # directly from Chris!)
E-rate Help Sessions from CT State Library, 2020
Need Help Filing? We can do it together via Zoom!
- To file with assistance from the E-Rate coordinator at the State Library via Zoom: contact Christine at 860-704-2226 or email@example.com.
Before you zoom, please have on hand:
- EPC username and password
- copy of your signed contract (pdf)
- copy of your quote and any other information the vendor provided you (pdf)
- last year's Forms 471 and Forms 486, if you filed last year
- estimate of any related expenses for new computers or software you expect to purchase in the next FY
E-Rate Timeline 2021
- January 15 - March 25, 2021: File Form 471 (application for discounts on fiber construction, maintenance, and/or internet service ) in EPC for year that runs from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
- July 1, 2021: Service start date for this year's cycle for fiber maintenance and internet service
- July 2, 2021 - Late October: File Form 486 (to show service start date and CIPA compliance status for the 2021-2022 year) in EPC.
- September 1 - October 30, 2021: Send Letter of Agency to Connecticut State Library via Chris Gauvreau at MLSC. Let Chris know if you plan to file for E-Rate discounts between January 15 and late March in 2022.
- September 1 - December 30, 2021: Make any changes necessary in EPC Adminstrative Window.
- January - March Discount Window Opens for filing for year starting July 1, 2022 and ending on June 30, 2023.
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478