Skip to main content
Chart & Report Creators for Your Library
Create Charts and a Statistics Report in Seconds!
These Do-It-Yourself tools require no knowledge of Excel or Chart-Making. If you can find your library in a list, then you can create customized charts and a statistics report for your library. Copy and paste your charts into any document or presentation, or print or download sets of charts. These statistical measures have been reported in the Annual Report of Public Libraries and can be found in CT Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile.
Web-Based Chart & Report Creators
Use Tableau online to create charts in your browser to compare your library with similar libraries or your library with multiple other individual libraries. Also find stats for your own library from 1996-2018. Many options available.
Excel Chart & Report Creators:
National Public Library Chart and Report Creators
The Excel file (4.1 MB) available above:
- Was originally made for Connecticut public libraries but may be used by any public library in the United States.
- Creates charts that compare your library to libraries in your state and the nation, including just those that have a similar population.
- Requires absolutely no knowledge of Excel.
- Uses the latest data (2017) available from the Public Library Survey released by the Institute of Museum and Library Services in the spring of 2019.
- Will take some time to download.
- Will be updated with the newer data as soon as it becomes available.
Chart-Makers from Past Years [Excel]
State Data Coordinator
Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library
786 South Main St.
Middletown, CT 06457
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478