Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chart & Report Creators for Your Library
Create Charts in Seconds!
These Do-It-Yourself tools require no knowledge of Excel or Chart-Making. If you can find your library in a list, then you can create customized charts for your library. Copy and paste your charts into any document or presentation, or print or download sets of charts. These statistical measures have been reported in the Annual Report of Public Libraries and can be found in CT Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile.
Excel Chart & Report Creators:
CT Chart & Report Creator, FY2020
Easy to use. Create charts for your library, comparing to others in a population range or with up to 5 other specific libraries that you choose. You can also create charts for your municipality (combining data in multiple-library towns) and compare to other municipalities.
CT Chart & Report Creator, 1996-2020 - Trends Over Time [Excel]
See the 11-year or 25-year trends for a specific library, with comparisons to similar wealth and population groups.
What towns are in our group?
Sort this spreadsheet to see what other libraries are in your comparison groups based on population and AENGLC wealth rankings. FY2020.
National Public Library Chart and Report Creators
The Excel file (3.95 MB) available above:
- Was originally made for Connecticut public libraries but may be used by any public library in the United States.
- Creates charts that compare your library to libraries in your state and the nation, including just those that have a similar population.
- Requires absolutely no knowledge of Excel.
- Uses the latest data (2018) available from the Public Library Survey released by the Institute of Museum and Library Services in July 2020.
- May take some time to download.
- Will be updated with the next year's data as soon as it becomes available.
Chart-Makers from Past Years [Excel]
State Data Coordinator
Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library
786 South Main St.
Middletown, CT 06457
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478