Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Chart & Report Creators for Your Library
Create Charts and a Statistics Report in Seconds!
These Do-It-Yourself tools require no knowledge of Excel or Chart-Making. If you can find your library in a list, then you can create customized charts and a statistics report for your library. Copy and paste your charts into any document or presentation, or print or download sets of charts. These statistical measures have been reported in the Annual Report of Public Libraries and can be found in CT Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile.
Web-Based Chart & Report Creators
Use Tableau online to create charts in your browser to compare your library with similar libraries or your library with multiple other individual libraries. Also find stats for your own library from 1996-2018. Many options available.
Excel Chart & Report Creators:
CT Chart & Report Creator, FY2019
Easy to use. Create charts and reports for your library. Compare your library to others in a population range, or compare your library with up to 5 other specific libraries that you choose. You can also create charts and reports for your municipality (combining data in multiple-library towns) and compare to other municipalities. Revised 2/14/2020
CT Chart & Report Creator, 1996-2019 - Trends Over Time [Excel]
See the 10-year or 23-year trends for a specific library. Revised 2/18/2020
National Public Library Chart and Report Creators
The Excel file (3.95 MB) available above:
- Was originally made for Connecticut public libraries but may be used by any public library in the United States.
- Creates charts that compare your library to libraries in your state and the nation, including just those that have a similar population.
- Requires absolutely no knowledge of Excel.
- Uses the latest data (2018) available from the Public Library Survey released by the Institute of Museum and Library Services in July 2020.
- May take some time to download.
- Will be updated with the next year's data as soon as it becomes available.
Chart-Makers from Past Years [Excel]
State Data Coordinator
Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library
786 South Main St.
Middletown, CT 06457
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478