Skip to main content
Annual Report Information
The Annual Report for 2017
All Connecticut public libraries, including non-principal public libraries, are expected to complete the Statistical Survey before the deadline of November 15, 2017. The Survey is the source for all information provided to the federal government (IMLS) regarding public libraries in Connecticut. The Survey is also the source of information for Connecticut's Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile and other resources available in this Guide.
How to Complete the Survey
- When you are ready to complete the survey, download the Excel (.xlsx) report form (available below) and return it by email when completed.
- A list of the questions and instructions are provided below.
- Contact me if you have any problems with the report form.
2017 Report Form, List of Questions, Instructions are below
2017 CT Public Library Annual Report
THIS IS NOT AN ONLINE FORM (Don't have MS Excel? Contact me!)
Every public library in Connecticut should:
---Open this Excel Workbook (.xlsx) file and SAVE it to a folder or your desktop.
---Enable Editing if file opens in "Protected" view
---Complete the Survey and then...
---SAVE your changes, but DO NOT save in an older file format like Excel 97-2003 (.xls).
---Send a copy as an email attachment before the deadline of 4pm on November 15.
2017 CT Survey - List of Questions
Just a list. Not the survey itself. Use this list to help you prepare for completion of the Annual Report above.
2017 CT Survey Instructions, Definitions
These are also available on the report form itself.
State Aid for FY2018
- We do not expect to be making State Aid payments in FY2018, but nothing is certain until a budget is passed. State Aid payments were suspended in FY2017.
- Connecticut public libraries are still required, by statute (CGS Sec. 11-25 (a)), to submit an Annual Report.
- borrowIT CT (Connecticard) funding is not affected by changes in State Aid funding, but only those libraries that submit their Annual Report by the deadline will be eligible for borrowIT reimbursement payments.
Bibliostat Annual Reports
To obtain completed Annual Reports from previous years, each library may log into the Bibliostat website and download copies. Contact me (see below) for your user name and password, or to receive copies of reports not available on Bibliostat.
For FY2016 and FY2015 (alternate report form users), contact me (contact information below) for copies of reports submitted.
One Click Digital E-Content Circulation
RBDigital Circulation Statistics via researchIT CT
These statistics for each public library will be provided for you in the Annual Report.
Interlibrary Loan Statistics
Public Libraries - use the Annual Report to submit their ILL stats.
ILL Monthly Worksheets (provided below) - to help libraries keep track of ILL stats:
Tom Newman, Statistics & Grant Administration
Division of Library Development
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford, CT 06106
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478