Skip to main content
Three Days, Four Journeys…
- In this fully-immersive EXCITE Bootcamp, you will learn to adopt the character and behavior of a “Collaborative Innovator” by learning the core skills, tools and language that are essential for Library Leadership in the 21st Century.
- You will leave empowered to work with colleagues and partners in true collaboration, to engage your community to understand their needs.
- You will learn to uncover and successfully implement innovative ideas that will excite your community and transform the culture of your library.
After their Bootcamp, each team will schedule a half-day video conference mentoring session with instructor Jeanine Esposito help them develop their ideas into practicable projects.
Bootcamp teams are also eligible to nominate themselves as All-Star Teams to compete for project funding in Connecticut in May 2020.
These three-day bootcamps are open to individual participants from pilot or Cohort libraries. Both will be held at the Middletown Library Service Center, 786 South Main St, Middletown, CT.
- Bootcamp 1: July 17-19, 2018, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Bootcamp 2: April 2-4, 2019
Congratulations to the participants in the first Connecticut Bootcamp, July 2018!
Bootcamps on the Road!
Thanks to a project extension from IMLS, we are offering additional three-day bootcamps around the country, with the following dates and locations confirmed:
- June 11-13, 2019 - Monroe Township Library, 4 Municipal Plaza, Monroe Township, NJ 08831, hosted by New Jersey State Library
- September 24-26, 2019 - Fletcher Free Library, 235 College St, Burlington, VT 05401. Conference Call Mentoring on November 6 or 7.
- October 8-10, 2019 - Arkansas State Library, 900 W. Capitol Ave., Little Rock, AR 72117. Conference Call Mentoring on December 4 or 5.
- November 13-15, 2019 - Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Commerce St, Roseville, MN 55113-4266, hosted by Minnesota State Library. Conference Call Mentoring on January 8 or 9.
- January 14-16, 2020 - Albuquerque Public Library, Central & Unser Branch, 8081 Central NW, Albuquerque, NM 87121. Conference Call Mentoring on February 12 or 13.
Feedback from 2018 Bootcamp participants
- "This was so useful and, seriously, made me grow, to think outside my comfort zone, to develop some new and great ideas."
- "I have so many ideas and can't wait to bring this back to my library."
- "Loved to spend the last three days innovating, collaborating, learning with other librarians and now have new tools to bring to my home library and help the community develop new outputs."
- "So wonderful to work with all the teams of libraries who helped provide honest feedback on developing our ideas. I can really see the difference between planning the usual way and the EXCITE way which creates meaningful programs that the target audience wants."
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478