Skip to main content
EBSCO Resources That Support Searching by Lexile and Listening
- EBSCO is presently able to assign Lexile levels to articles in HTML format only.
- Limiting a search by Lexile level using preset menu selections is generally available only in Advanced Search, if it is available at all.
- If the specific Lexile range you want set as a limiter is not available in Advanced Search, this limit can be set precisely using this command syntax:
global warming AND LX 100-1000 [there is a space between LX and 100-1000]
- Some databases offer in Advanced Search the ability to limit search results to articles that are equal to, less than or greater than a specified number of pages. If this feature is not available in Advanced Search, it can be set using this command syntax:
global warming and PG 1-10 [there is a space between PG and 1-10]
global warming and PG 1- [this limiter equates to: one or more pages]
- The command syntax for (3) and (4) above can also be combined:
global warming AND PG 1-10 AND LX 850-1050
- All articles in HTML format can be "listened" to at different speeds using text-so-speech. The ability to listen to articles being read is important to support individual students with different reading abilities as well as group listening.
- To limit searches to only articles that have the "listen" function, add the following command syntax:
global warming AND LX 1-
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478