Skip to main content
Annual Report Information
The Annual Report for 2016
All Connecticut public libraries, including non-principal public libraries, are expected to complete the Statistical Survey before the deadline of November 15, 2016. The Survey is the source for all information provided to the federal government (IMLS) regarding public libraries in Connecticut. The Survey is also the source of information for Connecticut's Public Libraries: A Statistical Profile and other resources available in this Guide.
How to Complete the Survey
- No Bibliostat this year. When you are ready to complete the survey, download the Excel (.xlsx) report form (available below) and return it when completed.
- A list of the questions and instructions are provided below.
- Scared of Excel? Problems using the report form? Contact me! I can provide assistance and I have alternative forms for Open Office users, Excel 2003 (xls) users, web-browser lovers (Google Drive), memory-challenged computers, and those who just can't get the form to work.
Report Form, List of Questions, Instructions
State Aid for FY2017
State Aid funding for FY2017 has been suspended
- There will be no State Aid payments made in FY2016-2017.
- Connecticut public libraries are still required, by statute (CGS Sec. 11-25 (a)), to submit an Annual Report.
- Should funding continue next year, the maintenance of effort requirement will be in force. Your library's expected FY2018 town appropriation should not be less than the average of the three previous years or you will not be eligible for a State Aid payment in January, 2018.
- borrowIT CT (Ccard) funding is not affected by this suspension.
researchIT CT E-Content Circulation
These circulation statistics for each public library will be provided for you in the Annual Report.
Tom Newman, Library Specialist
Division of Library Development
Connecticut State Library
231 Capitol Ave.
Hartford, CT 06106
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478