Don’t miss this opportunity to spend the day with Saroj Ghoting!
Saroj Ghoting is an Early Childhood Literacy Consultant and national trainer on early literacy. She has been a consultant for the Public Library Association and the Association for Library Service to Children of the American Library Association on the Every Child Ready to Read @ your library® early literacy initiative.
She is a co-author of:
· Early Literacy Storytimes @ your library: Partnering with Caregivers for Success
· The Early Literacy Kit: A Handbook and Tip
· Storytimes for Everyone! Developing Young Children's Language and Literacy
· STEP into Storytime: Using StoryTime Effective Practice to Strengthen the Development of Newborns to Five-Year-Olds
· Supercharged Storytimes: An Early Literacy Planning and Assessment Guide
The STAR POWER workshop will include an overview of the early literacy components, the five practices (sing, talk, read, write and play) and eight modules in ECRR 2nd edition. It is designed to give participants the skills necessary to be able to present early literacy workshops for parents and caregivers. There will be a demonstration of centerpiece adult workshop. The parent and child workshops (Fun with Letters, Fun with Words, Fun with Science and Math, Fun with Parent and Child) will be reviewed with hands-on practice included.
If you are thinking about applying for an ECRR LSTA grant, this workshop will help you understand the program and clarify your goals.
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.