Connecticut State Library
Service Centers Circulation Policy
· Borrowing libraries are sent lists of overdue materials on a regular basis. If a library has overdue material on reserve for another library, the centers may recall the item by phone.
· Libraries are requested to replace lost or damaged materials rather than pay for them. If an item is out-of-print, libraries may replace the item with something similar in the same format (i.e. hardback book, book on CD, large print book, etc.) and on the same subject. If a library prefers to be billed for lost items, the library should notify the Service Centers as soon as possible.
· The Service Centers will purchase replacements for any materials overdue for more than one year, and libraries will be billed for this replacement cost. It is most important, therefore, that libraries make every effort to locate library materials before reaching one-year overdue status.
· Bill payments should be sent to the Fiscal Services Division of the State Library in Hartford. A copy of the bill must accompany payment.
· Any borrowing library having $300 of outstanding bills may be denied all State Library Loan services until the account is cleared.
Approved 8/15/11 by Sharon Brettschneider, Division of Library Development.
Prepared by the Division of Library Development, Connecticut State Library, August 2011
Connecticut State Library | 231 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106 | 860-757-6500 * Toll-free 866-886-4478
The State of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.